Cardio is a good way for you to burn fat . For those who like to exercise regularly you are probably familiar with cardio but for newbies who are just starting to exercise they may not know yet. Today we are going to get to know how good cardio is and how useful it is.
What is cardio?
Cardio is exercise with the main aim of promoting the strength of the heart and stimulating heart rate. It makes the heart beat approximately 50-75% (or more) of its maximum heart rate and strengthens lung function also so it can bring oxygen to it better. Stimulates the circulatory system, strengthens the heart muscle, stimulates metabolism and in another way it can also help you lose weight too.
How many types of cardio are there?
1. HIIT cardio. (High Intensity Interval Training)
It is a short session of the exercise but it has the good ability to burn fat, but it takes a lot of effort and can be a risk of injury too. In HIIT exercise, it involves heavy and light exercise or it is a bodyweight exercise such as pushups, sit-ups.
HIIT cardio helps the metabolism work better. It doesn’t take long to work out, but it can bring out a lot of energy. It helps strengthen muscles and helps insulin to work better. It helps to reduce bad cholesterol levels and increase good cholesterol.
Disadvantages of HIIT cardio – Because it is a high intensity exercise so it may cause muscle injury and it is not suitable for newbie exercisers.
2. LISS cardio. (Long Intensity Steady State)
It is a continuous exercise for more than 30 minutes without too intent. Which continuity to stimulate the heart rate to be constant so the body then draws fat and uses it for energy to burn.
For those who want to lose fat and improve body strength it is recommended that you should do it 1-4 times a weekend about 30-45 minutes at a time.
The advantages of LISS cardio – It helps to reduce the fatigue of the lungs and heart muscles after strenuous exercise. It is the recovery of the body from HIIT exercise to improve the performance of the lungs, heart and circulatory system. It helps the body to convert body fat into energy better.
Disadvantages of LISS cardio – It is a longer exercise than HIIT and it can lead to boredom and impatience.
What type of exercise is cardio?
- Swimming is a safe exercise suitable for people with health problems and on the muscular side. This is because water helps support the body better and is a great exercise that stimulates the heart rate.
- Cycling is an exercise that is very popular nowadays. In addition to exercising, it is also a great way to relieve stress.
- Walking is the easiest exercise anyone can do.
- Exercise with equipment (Access to fitness) is the most popular exercise today. However, you should also choose the right equipment for your physical condition.
- Running nowadays is becoming more and more popular as it requires no equipment. It is the best exercise that stimulates metabolism and speeds up the heart rate and also gets good health.
- Dance is a fun exercise you can exercise for a long time without feeling bored with the rhythm of the songs that are fun. Whether it’s aerobics, zumba and etc.,
- Bodyweight exercises are a great way for fat burning exercises. It won’t take long, but may need a trainer because there is a risk of injury.
The benefits of cardio.
It is one of the exercises that helps stimulate metabolic processes in the body, which contributes to weight loss. Even better, if you control your diet together with cardio, it will help you lose weight better. It helps to strengthen the work of the heart and blood vessels and help stimulate the work of the lungs to keep the lungs healthy.
It helps reduce the risk of non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, fat embolism, metabolic obesity and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
It helps slow down the deterioration of the body and help to strengthen the body’s immune system and reduces cholesterol in the body also. It increases the number of red blood cells in the body. This allows oxygen to be delivered well to different parts of the body.
Consistent cardio can actually help you lose weight because cardio helps burn calories. More than weight training and if you want to lose weight more effectively you should be on a diet also. It will make you lose weight for sure plus you will get good health as well.